ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Globalgig orchestrates hyperconnectivity for the enterprise business continuum using managed communications solutions. Globalgig provides wireless connectivity across a 100-plus country footprint and offers a full suite of communications services and products including Hosted VoIP, Mobile Device Management, Wi-Fi Hotspots, Remote Office and Backup, Technology Expense Management and IoT/M2M connectivity solutions. Globalgig is a registered brand of iGEM Communications Holdings LLC, which does business as Globalgig. Globalgig is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, with offices across the U.S., and in London and Sydney.
We are looking for individuals who are committed to providing outstanding customer service, are ready to work in a strong team environment and are prepared to grow with us as we grow.
ABOUT THE POSITION
NOC Technicians are responsible for provisioning and maintaining all the telephony products we offer. Customer service excellence is our prime objective and therefore communication skills are a top priority. Working with other departments is another crucial component to being a successful NOC representative, and we expect every individual to be cooperative and professional at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
It cannot be overstated that our primary focus is customer care. The right candidate will find this a challenging environment that will be very rewarding on both a personal and professional level. Working in our NOC will give the individual hands on experience with a variety of VoIP and network platforms that support our VoIP products.
- Platforms that our NOC will provision, support and troubleshoot will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- VoIP Platforms: Broadsoft Softswitch, NetSapiens Softswitch, Genband M6 Softswitch, Asterisk, SER/OpenSER/Kamailio SIP Proxies, Genband Nextone Proxies, FreeSwitch, SONUS NBS and PSX, Acme Packet SBC, CTI Call Recording, Call Cruncher Call Detail Reporting, ZenOSS and Nagios Monitoring Tools.
- Core Software and OS: LINUX (Unbuntu, Red Hat, Centos), MySQL, Postfix, BIND. FLOE customer trouble ticketing system.
- Customer CPE and LAN Environments: Cisco routers and switches, Adtran, Netgear, D-Link, Edgewater and other ALG hardware.
- Provisioning and Customer Turn Up — Assist the Provisioning Department with technical information and customer provisioning when needed. Handle service turn-up and make sure that all services are fully operational per the customer order.
- Shift Work, On-Call and After Hours Cut-Over Activity — Assigned work shift will be during the normal NOC business hours of M-F 8:30AM — 10:00PM EST. Participate in the weekly On-Call rotation outside of the normal NOC business hours. Handle customer turn-ups or cut-overs during after-hours if scheduled out ahead of time.
- Customer Interaction, Escalation Management — All customer interaction is to be performed with the utmost professionalism and attention to detail to the customer’s issues and needs. Case management and escalations are to be performed as per the documented department procedures. > Assist in the maintenance of standards and documentation — In order to further the NOC as a whole, ongoing peer training and the dissemination of new technical information and improved processes is expected. Participation in this endeavor is encouraged.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures and documentation. Ability to write and update system tickets with concise and complete information. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers as well as customers.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 1+ years working in a telecom NOC environment required
- Solid understanding of corporate LAN architecture is required
- SIP basics and hosted VoIP (Softswitch) provisioning is required
- A basic understanding of LINUX is a plus
- Solid troubleshooting experience in TCP/IP connectivity issues (OSI model)
- 1+ years of experience remote testing and troubleshooting T1 circuits
- 1+ years of experience configuring routers for use on T1 or similar circuits
- Solid understanding of MPLS network configuration and troubleshooting
- Competitive salary and incentives, commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including medical/prescription, dental, vision, life, disability and generous PTO, eligibility on first of the month after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) with employer match, eligibility on first of the month after 90 days of employment
- Training and development opportunities
Please note that this job description is not intended to describe a complete list of the position’s responsibilities, and the duties, responsibilities and activities may be subject to change.
Interested candidates should reply with a resume and daytime contact information.
Location: Los Angeles (Gardena, CA)